What are the requirements?
To obtain this visa you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Passport valid for a period of more than 6 months
- Not have been convicted of criminal or immigration offences.
- Demonstrate links with your country of origin
- Persuade an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have the financial resources to cover the costs of your stay.
The amount of money needed will depend on the purpose of your visit, how long you plan to stay in Canada and whether you will be staying in a hotel, with friends or family.
If you cannot prove that you meet the requirements for a Canadian visitor's visa, your application will be refused. However, in some cases a visa may be refused for security or health reasons.
How to apply for a visitor visa?
To start the Canadian visitor/tourist visa application, there are several forms and steps to follow:
- Verify that you meet the minimum requirements for a Canadian visitor's visa.
- Obtain the documents and complete the information in the required forms.
- Submit your visa application following the IRCC guidelines.
- Wait while the request is being processed and be ready to respond to additional requests for information, if any.
- Submit your passport for stamping.
Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
Most travellers need a visitor visa to enter Canada. However, citizens of some countries only need an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) and others can enter freely using only their passports.
If you need more information, please contact us.
What are the Canadian visitor visa fees?
The application fee for a tourist/visitor visa to Canada is $100 CAD per person. In addition, depending on your country of origin, you will have to pay $85 CAD per person or $170 CAD per family. In addition, a passport processing fee of approximately $50 CAD per passport will be required.
How long is a tourist or visitor visa to Canada valid for?
The immigration officer will decide the duration of the tourist visa on a case-by-case basis. In some cases the visa is granted for several years, while in others only for months or even days. It all depends on the purpose of your visit, your financial resources and your reasons for returning to your country.
However, the duration of your visa will be set by the immigration officer upon entry to Canada and is usually no longer than 6 months.
Can I extend my visa?
If you wish to stay in Canada longer than the time you were granted when you entered Canada, you can apply to extend your stay. To do so, you must submit an extension application at least one month before your visa expiry date.