To obtain this visa you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Passport valid for a period of more than 6 months
- Not have been convicted of criminal or immigration offences.
- Demonstrate links with your country of origin
- Persuade an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have the financial resources to cover the costs of your stay.
The amount of money needed will depend on the purpose of your visit, how long you plan to stay in Canada and whether you will be staying in a hotel, with friends or family.
If you cannot prove that you meet the requirements for a Canadian visitor's visa, your application will be refused. However, in some cases a visa may be refused for security or health reasons.
How to apply for a visitor visa?
To start the Canadian visitor/tourist visa application, there are several forms and steps to follow:
- Verify that you meet the minimum requirements for a Canadian visitor's visa.
- Obtain the documents and complete the information in the required forms.
- Submit your visa application following the IRCC guidelines.
- Wait while the request is being processed and be ready to respond to additional requests for information, if any.
- Submit your passport for stamping.