What activities can I carry out with a business visa?
- Purchasing goods or services for business purposes
- Receiving orders for goods or services
- Participating in conferences, conventions or trade fairs
- Providing services as part of a warranty or sale
- Receive training from a Canadian parent company
- Training employees of a Canadian branch of a foreign company
The visa for individuals and business delegations is a temporary visa so they can only stay for a limited period of time, usually up to 6 months.
This visa does not allow you to work in Canada.
How can I prove that I am a business visitor?
To qualify as a business visitor to Canada, you must explain the purpose of your visit, demonstrate a business relationship with the Canadian entity and that you do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market.
If you plan to stay for more than 6 months, or work in Canada, you may consider a temporary worker permit.
How long can I stay in Canada on a business visa?
Up to a maximum of 6 months.
Can I bring my family members on a business visa?
No. If you wish to bring your family they must apply for a tourist visa independently.