To sponsor a member of your family, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age and a permanent resident or citizen of Canada.
- If you are a permanent resident of Canada, you must live in Canada.
- You must not be in receipt of any social assistance except for disability.
- You must demonstrate financial ability to support the members of your sponsored family. This varies, depending on the person you sponsor.
To become a sponsor, you must "pledge" financial care for the sponsored persons for a certain period of time. This pledge includes:
- Provide basic needs and financial support for sponsored persons, from the moment they become permanent residents;
- Repay to the state any social assistance received by any of the sponsored family members
The sponsored person must be eligible to come to Canada, pass medical examinations, present police clearance documents and collect biometric data.
To confirm your eligibility as a sponsor and ensure that your process runs smoothly, rely on our team of regulated Immigration Consultants.